In an effort to promote self-portraits and paintings of living artists, and to preserve their legacy historically, Fine Art Connoisseur and Realism Today are launching a new art competition. Awards will be presented at the 4th Annual Figurative Art Convention & Expo (FACE), being held in Baltimore October 29-November 1, 2020.
Finalists will be asked to consider sending their framed paintings for display at FACE, and paintings can also be made available for sale. A sale price must be listed when the painting is provided (a 25% sales commission will be deducted). We cannot be responsible for the shipping or packing of unsold or displayed paintings, which is the responsibility of the artist.
- All individuals entering must be at least 18 years of age to accept cash prizes.
- Competition is open to residents of any U.S. state or any country where it is acceptable by law.
- Each entry must be accompanied by an entry fee.
- The fee for the first image submitted is $37, and additional images submitted are $15 each (U.S. dollars).
- All entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid via credit card at time of submission.
- Each painting must be an original work done solely by the artist entering the competition
- Computer-generated images or iPad images are acceptable as long as they are done by hand, with personal craftsmanship.
- Painted-over photographs or images created by using Photoshop or other filters on photographic images are not acceptable. Fine Art Connoisseur reserves the right to refuse any artwork if the method with which it was created is questionable.
- Employees or associates of Streamline Publishing, Inc., or their immediate families may not enter.
- Entries do not need to be new or fresh. Older paintings are acceptable.
- There is no limit to the number of paintings you can enter in each category. The first painting is $37 and any subsequent paintings are $15 each.
- When first entering the Artist & Selfie Painting Competition, you’ll be asked to create a profile through ArtCall.org. If you do not already have an account, click here. It is free to create an account.
- ArtCall requires that all attachments be less than 4mb and a maximum of 1920 pixels on the longest side, with a maximum resolution of 72 dpi. If your attachment is larger than that, it will not be accepted. - At a minimum, the image needs to be 960px on the longest side. The best free tool we've found for resizing images is https://imageresizer.com
. Here is a quick tutorial on using it: https://youtu.be/16lusvi0hGc
- Acceptable formats include jpg, png and gif files.
- The competition will close on August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm PST.
- After the close, our judges will select finalists from each category. Finalists will be notified and promotion will begin immediately after the close.
- Prizes will be awarded to:
> Best Overall Painting
> Best Painted Selfie
> Best Painting of a Living Artist
> Best Painting of a Historic Artist
> Best Painting of an Artist’s Studio
- At no point during the competition does the judge see the name of an artist. Judges are provided only with the painting and the painting title.
By entering the Artist & Selfie Painting Competition, you agree that you are submitting images of your own original artwork and not that of other artists or material in which you do not hold the copyright. The original work does not have to currently be in your possession. You are also agreeing, in advance, to have your submitted artwork and your image published in any print or digital/electronic property of Streamline Publishing, Inc. This includes, but is not limited to, print and digital magazines, newsletters, websites, e-mails, social media pages, and promotional materials in perpetuity.
At times, Streamline Publishing, Inc. may request a higher-resolution image than was submitted through the Artist & Selfie Painting Competition. When entering, you agree to fulfill this request in a timely manner in order for Streamline Publishing, Inc. to promote the competition winners.
The Artist & Selfie Painting Competition ends on August 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. PT.
Only electronic submissions through the competition’s official website will be accepted. Entries received by mail or physical delivery in the form of photographs, discs, or actual paintings will not be accepted.